In my previous posts, I’ve talked about the significance of location in photography, taking great photos of your pets, and photographing your home. In this blog post, I want to address a trend I’ve noticed on the internet, and that trend is taking photos of electronic products and other devices.
With the rise of the review blogs and vlogs on electronic and other devices, there’s also an increase in the demand for good photography of those products. Mainly, people who take great photos of the products they review also have the best review sites. Thus, the quality of the photography has become prevalent in determining whether the review site will succeed or collapse. We have seen several extraordinary sites, but we have also seen some pretty bad ones. What I can offer as advice is the following.
- A photo of the devices you are reviewing doesn’t have to be only from the device itself. You can also explain how the device is functioning by presenting an illustrated photo that you have created. For example, look at this site cleanbreathing.net that explains how an air purifier works
- A very significant thing that can contribute to a great photo is the camera you’re using. There are a lot of choices when it comes to cameras nowadays, and making the right choice depends on many factors like the type of image quality you’re after, your budget, your photography skills, and so on. Luckily, there are plenty of budget-friendly options that will give you great quality, so finding a good camera shouldn’t be a hard task. And if you want to add to the quality of your images, purchasing a stable tripod is highly recommended.
- Lighting is another important factor that can make or break a photo. Forget about the on-camera flash. This flesh can produce shadows from the sides of the object, so if you want to get the best out of the product, then either find a setting with natural light or invest in lighting equipment.
- When you have these elements in place, then start taking photos from different angles and find the best angle for the device you want to present. Besides the angles, try to put the device on surfaces with different colors and textures. That way the product you are presenting might show its colors and shapes in a better light.
- In the end, you will need to edit the photography. When you edit the photo, always try to edit a copy of the original photo. That way, if you don’t like what you see, you can always turn back to original. You will also need to learn how to edit. Nowadays, there are a lot of editing tools, so try to do your research and find the one that is the most suitable for your needs.